Thursday 6 December 2012

A nice surprise

My husband is currently studying at university. Throughout his course he has to go away on placement. These placements have mostly been in Horsham 2.5 hours away from home. 
But luckily enough this time he is only an hour away and gave us all a big surprise last night by coming home!!! We didn't think we would get to see him for 2 weeks.

The boys were excited, I was overcome! I had been so tired all day and the boys had been especially fractious so I was really glad to see re-enforcements :) All I could do was hug him and cry.

I really don't know how I would cope being on my own for months or even a year like some of my friends do. I take my hats off to all the military, emergency services and mining wives/husbands. It is a tough gig! 

I know as the boys get older it will get easier for him to be away so I'll hold on to that. But that feeling when he comes home is magic! When he's away I really notice just how much he does and how much I rely on him. This Christmas we will have been married for 5 years. (I know we didn't really think the Christmas Eve Wedding through for when we had kids) I certainly hope that we will be married for another 45 years :) 

Anyway, after a lovely night, we put Daddy on the train to go back to placement. Matty didn't want to leave the station and Ben didn't want to leave the carpark so it was back to being a single parent. But Daddy will be back tonight! :)


Waiting for the train

No comments:

Post a Comment